Welcome to the fifth annual Ride to Computers and Writing “pledge ride” to support the Computers and Writing Graduate Research Network Travel Awards, which helps fund graduate student and non-tenure-track faculty attendance and participation at the Computers and Writing Conference and the Graduate Research Network! Donate NOW by clicking on the donate button on the right! (Paypal charges a 2.5% processing fee, which will be deducted from your donation)
Many “riders” (and one of them could be you!) will ride to and/or roll, run, walk around Computers and Writing 2014 at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington on June 4, 2014. These events are organized as “unrace” (as in “unconference”) group ride events. To participate, visit the Register to Ride page and choose your level of involvement. We will keep you updated on routes, start times, and the final Ride2CW gathering/celebration on Wednesday, June 4, at 6pm.
There are several additional ways that you can help to send a starving grad student / fixed-term faculty member to C&W 2014 and the GRN:
- Become a rider, walker, runner, or roller! Join a route or create your own. Convince your friends to ride, walk, run, or roll, too. Register here and we’ll shout it out for our fundraising efforts.
- Visit our FAQ page if you’re unsure about what this all means.
- Share this site with your friends and beg for donations (see The Fine Print for details);
- Follow us on Twitter @ride2cw, retweet our announcements to your Twitterverse, and use #ride2cw when you talk about it;
- Like our Facebook page – Ride2CW – and invite others to join and donate!
- Use RideStream* to participate and follow our riders!
If you have any questions, email 2014[at]ride2cw.org.
*RideStream is a web-based service and mobile application developed for Ride2CW by Bill Hart-Davidson, Mike McLeod, and a fabulous team of undergraduate researchers/developers at MSU WIDE. RideStream allows riders, supporters, and others who may be interested to coordinate their participation in the event.