Welcome to the sixth annual Ride to Computers and Writing “pledge ride” to support the Computers and Writing Graduate Research Network Travel Grant Awards, which help fund graduate student and non-tenure-track faculty attendance and participation at the Computers and Writing Conference and the Graduate Research Network! Donate NOW by clicking on the donate button on the right! (Paypal charges a 2.5% processing fee, which will be deducted from your donation. If you would like to avoid fees and contribute directly to the GRN, see The Fine Print page)
Many “riders” (and one of them could be you!) will ride to and/or roll, run, walk around the 2015 Computers and Writing Conference, hosted at the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Stout in Menomonie, WI on May 28-31, 2015. These events are organized as “unrace” (as in “unconference”) group ride/run/walk/roll events and can take place at any time during the conference. To participate, visit the Register to Ride page and choose your level of involvement. We will keep you updated on routes, start times, and the participant Ride2CW gathering/celebration on Wednesday, May 27, at 6pm.
There are several additional ways that you can help to send a starving grad student / fixed-term faculty member to C&W 2015 and the GRN:
- Become a rider, walker, runner, or roller! Join a route or create your own. Convince your friends to ride, walk, run, or roll, too. Register here and we’ll shout it out for our fundraising efforts.
- Visit our FAQ page if you’re unsure about what this all means.
- Share this site with your friends and beg for donations (see The Fine Print for details);
- Follow us on Twitter @ride2cw, retweet our announcements to your Twitterverse, and use #ride2cw when you talk about it;
- Like our Facebook page – Ride2CW — and invite others to join and donate!
If you have any questions, email 2015[at]ride2cw.org.