The Graduate Research Network Travel Award Grants help fund graduate student and non-tenure-track faculty attendance and participation at the Computers and Writing Conference and the Graduate Research Network (GRN), hosted in 2018 by George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia.
The C&W Graduate Research Network is an all-day pre-conference workshop event, open to all registered C&W conference participants at no charge.Please visit the GRN 2018 Call for Proposals site and submit your proposal for GRN participation.
Apply for Funding
If you are a graduate student and/or non-tenure-track faculty, you are eligible to apply for a GRN Travel Award Grant. Criteria for the 2018 C&W Travel Grant Awards include status (student, non-tenure track faculty), acceptance of your proposal for the 2018 Computers and Writing Conference or for the 2018 Graduate Research Network, and documented need. Awards are based solely on need. GRN submission by the deadline is sufficient for acceptance; proof of attendance will be required to receive reimbursement. The application deadline is April 30, 2018.
Support the GRN
There are several ways to support the GRN:
- Participate in Ride2CW – ride or make a tax-deductible donation!
- Advertise in the GRN program. Contact Janice Walker for details.
- Contribute directly (tax-deductible) to the GRN account at the GSU foundation, you can contribute by credit card at https://touchpay.georgiasouthern.edu/foundation/ or by calling 1-888-478-1906. Please be sure to identify Account Number 0694. You can also send a check payable to GSU Foundation (note account #0694 in the memo section of your check) to:
Dr. Janice Walker
Coordinator, Graduate Research Network
Department of Writing and Linguistics
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 8026
Statesboro, GA 30460
- Have you written a book lately? Consider donating one (or more!) year’s royalties to the CW/GRN Travel Grant Fund–and get a FREE ad in the program for your book! Remember, contributions are tax deductible! Contact Janice Walker for more information.
- Contribute merchandise as “give aways” for participants. Just bring them with you to the GRN or contact Janice Walker.
- Ask your department, college, or university to advertise in the GRN program and support the Travel Grant Fund! For more information, contact Janice Walker
- Other ideas? Let Janice know!