Follow the riders, rollers, runners, & walkers “live” with updates on RideStream* mission control!
Welcome to the third annual Ride to Computers and Writing “pledge ride” to support the Computers and Writing Graduate Research Network Travel Awards, which help fund graduate student and non-tenure-track faculty attendance and participation at the Computers and Writing Conference and the Graduate Research Network!
Many “riders” (and one of them could be you!) will ride to and/or roll, run, walk around Computers and Writing 2012 at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina on May 16, 2012. These events are organized as “unrace” (as in “unconference”) group ride events. To participate, visit the Register to Ride page and choose your level of involvement. We will keep you updated on routes, start times, and the final gathering/celebration at The Player’s Retreat in Raleigh.
There are several additional ways that you can help to send a starving grad student / non-tenure track faculty member to C&W 2012 and the GRN:
- Become a rider, walker, runner, or roller! Join a route or create your own. Convince your friends to ride, walk, run, or roll, too. Register here and we’ll shout it out for our fundraising efforts.
- Visit our FAQ page if you’re unsure about what this all means.
- Share this site with your friends and beg for donations (see The Fine Print for details);
- Follow us on Twitter @ride2cw, retweet our announcements to your Twitterverse, and use #ride2cw when you talk about it;
- Like our Facebook page – Ride2CW — and invite others to join and donate!
- Use RideStream* to participate and follow our riders!
*RideStream is a web-based service and mobile application developed for Ride2CW by Bill Hart-Davidson, Mike McLeod, and a fabulous team of undergraduate researchers/developers at MSU WIDE. RideStream allows riders, supporters, and others who may be interested to coordinate their participation in the event.